Tomatoes love everything, fruits are equally in demand in the southern and northern regions. To grow them is made in regions with a milder climate. But with this it is possible to argue, there are varieties that are resistant to the vagaries of weather, enduring coolness according to their characteristics. To such varieties is the tomato Nicola, which is recommended for cultivation even in the West Siberian region, we will give him a description in the article.
Description and characteristics of tomato varieties Nikola
Agronomists of the Altai agricultural company SeDek bred a middle-grade variety of tomatoes, Nikol, and registered it back in 1993. The main characteristics of the variety are:
- bush grows sprawling, in the open field can reach a height of 70 cm;
- the plant has good branching and a large amount of foliage on them;
- leaves are green, have a juicy green color;
- fruits ripen on day 94-115 after emergence of shoots;
- when ripe, tomatoes have a red color and the shape of a regular ball;
- variety belongs to high-yielding, the first inflorescence of the plant is usually above the 8-9 leaf, all subsequent through the leaf;
- each fruit has a mass 80-200 g;
- the variety is universal, it is used for fresh consumption, as well as for processing in various ways.
The variety Nikola is often used in industrial cultivation for the Middle Volga and West Siberian regions.
Advantages and disadvantages
Tomato Nicola is very easy to grow, and even a child can master it. Distinctive advantages of gardeners consider:
- high yield;
- relatively short time of fruit ripening;
- cold resistance;
- excellent taste;
- good transportability;
- universal purpose of the fruit.
Also here can be attributed to the fact that the bush no need to shape and stepchild.
Disadvantages are also available:
- propensity to diseases;
- multicamera of fruits.
But they are not so scary. If you properly care and carry out preventive measures in a timely manner, then most diseases can be avoided, and the multi-chamber will subsequently help to collect enough seeds for future sowing.
On the basis of the Siberian early ripening variety, the variety of tomatoes Nicola was bred, who took a lot from his parent, among other things the plant was not at all fastidious to the soil.
The cultivation of tomatoes Nicola for cultivation must go through all standard procedures. They are conducted in this order:
- The first step will be preparation of container. In order to grow seedlings it is necessary to have containers in which seeds will be planted. To do this, fit plastic containers that are sold in specialized stores or wooden boxes. Which you can make yourself.
- The soil can be prepared in advance in the autumn, a couple of days before sowing it is simply brought into the house and warmed up. A purchased universal substrate will also work, which should also be heated.
- The next stage of the preparatory work is selection and soaking of seeds. To do this, immediately washed the seeds and leave in water for 15-20 minutes. The bad seeds will float, the good ones will settle to the bottom. After that, it is desirable to soak the seeds in a solution of potassium permanganate or any fungicide. This will slightly improve the immunity of future plants. Soaking can last from 12 hours to 5 days.
- After completing these steps, you can do it directly. seeding. To do this, pour the soil into the container and sow the soaked seeds. The distance between them should be at least 1 cm. After that, the grains are covered with a thin layer of soil mixture, approximately 1-1.5 cm, watered abundantly and placed in a warm, well-lit place.
When the procedure is carried out correctly, the seedlings will appear on the 7-10 day after sowing. To accelerate germination, it is necessary create a greenhouse effect. This can be done simply by placing the glass on the surface of the container or wrapping it in a film.
Landing in the ground
After the appearance of the second pair of these leaves, each plant must pass picking in a separate container, most often use disposable cups or special pots of peat.
As soon as the threat of frost has passed, the plants that have become stronger need to be planted in open ground, where they will continue to develop and begin to bear fruit.
During the procedure, you must adhere to the following rules:
- Strictly observe inter-row, between the bushes should be not less than 50 × 70.
- Planting conduct transshipment method to preserve the integrity of the rhizomes.
- The procedure is best done. in the afternoon and preferably in cloudy weather.
- After planting, it is advisable to shade the seedlings for a few days and pour plenty of water with heated water a couple of times.
After this, with proper care, the plants will quickly grow and delight in flowering, and then the fruits of their gardeners.Planting of seedlings in the ground is made according to the scheme 50x70 cm
Departure after disembarkation
Just planting tomatoes is not enough to get a harvest. To achieve this goal, tomatoes need care, which is:
- regular loosening the soil around;
- to improve ventilation costs pick off the bottom leaves at the bush and free the space between the plants from weeds;
- the acceleration of the process of formation of the ovary in the recommended growing conditions should be carried out by spraying a solution of boric acid or a superphosphate extract from the sprayer.
Diseases and pests
Tomato Nikola is quite vulnerable to such diseases:
- top rot;
- black bacterial spotting;
- late blight.
To combat them you need to soak the seeds in the solution of potassium permanganate or other disinfecting agents and regularly inspect the plant.
Regular treatment for prevention Bordeaux mixture or other means of protection against fungi will help to protect both the stumps and the harvest.
That's just to do it. together with peduncles or even racemesIn this form, tomatoes can ripen faster and more qualitatively in a warm and dark place.
The variety can be stored for a sufficiently long time, for this it is necessary to observe the temperature regime and maintain the required level of humidity in the room. It will be ideal if the thermometer shows +17and the humidity will be no more than 40%.
Tomato Nikola is quite simple in care, excellent taste and commodity indicators allow it to be grown both for lone gardeners and on an industrial scale.