Raspberry is a rather popular berry., which has attractive taste and health qualities.
The moment that the berry in folk medicine is used as a treating agent determines not its high demand.
Business of growing and selling raspberries has been widely developed so far only in Western Europe, which determines its high potential.
Advantages and disadvantages of crimson business
Before you make a business plan, implying certain calculations, you should pay attention to the general advantages and disadvantages of the business in question.
- Great demand for berries with low supply. It is quite difficult to find raspberries on the shelves of the store.
- For cultivation fit almost any piece of land. The composition of the land may not be suitable for raspberries, but it can be corrected.
- The cost of berries due to high demand and small supply is quite high, which allows even with insignificant yields to make a profit.
- Subject to the recommendations on planting a bush and caring for him the harvest can be large. If the bush is located under the open sky, then much depends on the prevailing weather. Recently, raspberries are increasingly grown in greenhouse conditions.
- There are quite a few raspberry varieties. At the same time, the time of ripening of their berries is significantly different, which allows making the business more profitable due to the sales of the fresh product for a long time.
However, there are disadvantages:
- Berries quickly deteriorate. At the same time, jams and boiling, which are made from raspberries, many people like to do on their own.
- Only in greenhouse conditions can significantly reduce the risk that the crop will be lost due to bad weather conditions.
- Caring for raspberry couscous is a laborious process.
- Income from the business in question will be only for one half of the year.
Despite the presence of significant shortcomings, the business in question has a high demand for low supplythat forms the price of berries, determines the attractiveness of this type of business activity.
An important issue is the choice of the form of doing business. When growing crops on their own or leased area in order to establish sales for profit, you can arrange the following forms of business:
- SNT - gardening non-profit partnership. This type of business registration is used in the case when an individual sells a grown product on his site by putting it into a large wholesale base. In this case, the design is to obtain information about the availability of the suburban area. You can get the necessary document from the district administration.
- Individual entrepreneurship or SP - the form of registration of activities, which involves the provision of opportunities for self-marketing of the grown product. In this case, the person who owns the site and established the cultivation of raspberries, can act as a legal entity for the conclusion of various contracts: for hiring workers, organizing sales, and so on. The difficulties arising from the selection of such a business are capable of design are the need for product certification.
- Limited Liability Company or LLC - registration form, which is selected when it is necessary to attract partners to your business. At the same time, partners can act as co-founders or lenders.
Simplified design scheme will allow sell raspberries in small batches and set up production and business processes.
If the volume of cultivation will increase significantly, then make out PI. Formalization as a legal entity allows you to attract lenders who can significantly accelerate business development.
With proper preparation of a business plan, invested funds generate income in a short time.
When considering the issue of registration of business activities take into account that the best method of taxation is a single agricultural tax, the rate of which is 6%.
If the verification determines that the share of the agricultural product is less than 70%, then the generalized taxation method is applied.
How to start growing raspberries?
The pivot points, which are indicated in the preparation of a business plan, increase the chance of a good profit.
In the first year should:
- Make a selection of raspberry varieties.
- Calculate the required amount of planting material.
- Conduct soil preparation.
- Prepare the material to be used as supports: support columns made of wood or reinforcement, wire.
- Purchase fertilizers and pest control products.
This preparation concerns the cultivation of raspberries in the open, that is, not in greenhouse conditions.
In the second year should:
- To land.
- To conduct drip irrigation.
- Apply fertilizer.
- Prepare the container.
- If the growing volumes are large, then workers should be found.
- Install cooling plants in case the growing volume is large. Berry is a perishable product that can be preserved with partial cooling.
Let's talk about some moments in more detail. Creating a business begins with the selection of the site and its preparation. Recommendations regarding the site are as follows:
- It should be borne in mind that raspberries - a rare treat, which many people love. Therefore, immediately need to think about the protection. Sites that are left unattended and will be visited from time to time - a big risk.
- Malinnik loves moisture and sun.
- The type of soil does not play a role, but experts recommend giving preference to soil with sand, which is supplemented with mulch at a pH level of not more than 6.2.
- The size of the plot depends on the expected production volume. On one hectare, they plant about 2 thousand bushes, which, with proper care and favorable growing conditions, will give about 10 thousand kilograms of berries in one season.
The site is fertilized with manure, other mineral fertilizers are applied as desired.
The two-year-old raspberry jam gives sweet, large fruits, but often freezes in the winter. Therefore, when organizing a business, they prefer the remontant raspberry.
You may be interested in the following articles:
- Useful properties of raspberry and its leaves.
- Top dressing for raspberry in August and autumn after pruning.
This variety is less susceptible to the effects of low temperatures and pests, but the berries are less sweet, in rainy weather they may not have time to ripen by the end of autumn.
Choosing a grade
Common summer varieties are:
- Polish - their early grade of Poland. The berries are large, elongated, bush productive, frost-resistant.
- Octavia - A promising variety for business that gives large berries of a purple hue. The berries are dense, so even when it rains they do not fall.
- Zyugana - grade from Switzerland. The berries are sweet, stored for about 7 days and carry freight.
- Shelf - berries ripen in autumn, have a pleasant taste. Shrubs allow from one hectare, with proper planting, to collect up to 10 tons of crop.
- Zhdoan Ji - large, hard raspberry berries. The bush of this variety can gives 19 tons in one season.
- Himbo Top - berries of this variety reach a weight of 10 grams, which necessitates tying to supports.
We get saplings
Seedlings purchased in specialized stores. The following points are taken into account when choosing them:
- a sapling that has a well-developed dried root system grown in greenhouse conditions for the purpose of sale is an attractive offer that will be very expensive;
- stem cut should be green, the diameter of the shoot from 0.7 to 1 centimeter;
- Practice shows that a closed rhizome copes better with environmental exposure.
Increase yield by 1 hectare and ha
- seedlings are planted at a distance of 80 centimeters. Between the rows, the distance is 1.5-2 meters;
- trellis every 4 meters installed as a support;
- you can land in spring and autumn. Planted in the fall can be even after October 1;
- in order for the bush to grow quickly, it is necessary to remove the shoots that create shade and attract insects;
- raspberry cake responds well to applied organic fertilizer. The recommended rate - 0.5 tons per hundred. Nitrogen and potassium compounds are suitable for bait;
- chemicals that protect the bush from the effects of pests and diseases can be used before flowering.
How to pick berries?
The assembly is done by hand.therefore, it is necessary to prepare thoroughly for the ripening period: containers, workers with a large number of bushes, a place for temporary storage, and so on.
How to sell products?
Raspberries are stored for a week at a temperature of 3-5 ° C. Ways of sale:
- Grocery stores.
- Kids cafe, restaurants.
- Pharmacies, pharmacological firms.
The berry is tender, and sell it immediately.You can sell grown raspberries in markets, restaurants and shops.
- The objectives of the enterprise.
- Organization of the production process.
- Initial conditions for business development.
- Analysis of demand and competition.
- Financial indicators.
- Analysis of markets.
- Sales promotion plan.
Profitability with the site:
- One hectare - 2-3 thousand bushes. Sapling price - $ 0.6-2. The initial investment is $ 2000.
- The cost of fertilizers, drugs - $ 1000.
- One bush on average gives 4 kilograms. 12 000 kilograms are collected from one hectare.
- Wholesale price - on average 2%. The proceeds are $ 20,000.
Berry business, as seen from the calculations, profitable. This is especially true for the cultivation of raspberries. It is readily bought in fresh and frozen form for jam, jams.
This product has many useful properties that determine its popularity.