Prunes - a fairly common dried fruit, which has found application in medicine, cooking and cosmetology.
But besides the positive qualities, he has a number of contraindications. What are the benefits and harm prunes?
What is the use of prunes
In the composition of the fruit a lot of beneficial substances. It includes fats, proteins, carbohydrates, fiber, as well as vitamins and trace elements:
- vitamin A;
- B vitamins;
- folic acid;
- vitamin E;
- vitamin C;
Contained in prunes minerals are vital to the body for the prevention of many diseases.
Besides, fruits contain glucose, sucrose and fructosethat nourish the cells with energy and are responsible for the body.
All these valuable qualities speak of the undoubted benefits of prunes, which can be taken along with drugs.
Products protectors. Prunes:
Besides the fact that prunes have a good taste, it has a beneficial effect on the entire body. It is used for the preparation of various dietary dishes and for treatment.
First of all, dried prunes are advised to take in case of diseases of the stomach and for their prevention. On the day you need to eat at least five berries. They help to normalize the metabolism in the body, gently acting on intestinal peristalsis.Therapists and nutritionists advise to use prunes as a medicine for multiple diseases and for their prevention.
Nutritionists advise taking prunes everyone who wants to lose weight and improve the body. Included in its fiber, helps to cope with constipation. Regular consumption of prunes helps reduce up to three kilograms of weight in a short time.
Prunes are an excellent alternative to antibiotic therapy. is he copes well with oral microbes, slows their growth, reduces the number of bacteria.
Prunes indicated for a number of cardiovascular diseases: atherosclerosis, hypertension, thrombophlebitis. Daily use of drying helps to normalize pressure, strengthen the walls of blood vessels and capillaries.
With the help of prunes can get rid of kidney disease. You can use the drying to improve vision. Fruits are rich in carotene, which has a positive effect on the eye muscle.
Nursing mothers can use prunes if the child has a tendency to constipation. Often prunes are recommended for the prevention of glandular anemia and vitamin deficiency in pregnant women.
The presence of a sufficient amount of potassium allows the use of drying for urolithiasis to remove bile.
In addition to all of the above, prunes increases appetite, improves skin condition, helps to cheer up and relieve fatigue, has a positive effect on performance. Many women have discovered the anti-aging properties of prunes.
BUT oncologists advise regularly use prunes for all girls as cancer prevention.Prunes are good for the heart and kidneys, vision and brain, pregnant and lactating, and also losing weight.
Nutritionists recommend prunes to their patients. to remove toxins from the body. Drying is an alternative to sweets, well dulls the feeling of hunger and saturates.
It is not replaceable in any diet. It is added to vegetable salads and consumed in a soaked form.
Prunes are rightly called a storehouse of vitamins and minerals. Regular consumption of prunes reduces the risk of caries!
Harm and contraindications
It is clear that such a healthy fruit cannot harm the body if used correctly. However, the use of prunes as a drug must be agreed with the doctor.
In some cases, its use only exacerbates the situation:
- Prunes belong to high-calorie fruits, therefore it cannot be taken at some stages of obesity;
- in the prunes a lot of sugar. Patients with diabetes need to carefully use dried prunes;
- nursing mothers should abandon the fruit, if the child has colic, and there is a disorder in the chair;
- individual intolerance and food allergies can be the cause of refusal of prunes.
Also, do not eat suspicious fruit that was bought too cheap. Most likely it contains unacceptable additives and preservatives, which can cause health problems.With uncontrolled use of prunes can cause harm, it has medical contraindications
How to choose a quality
It is helpful for the average person to know that for quality prunes better to go to the market. Shop counters are filled with low-quality goods.
When choosing a dryer, it is important to pay attention to the following points:
- Taste. The seller, who is confident in his product, will surely offer to taste the berry. Do not refuse! The taste of good prunes should be sweetish, with a slight sourness, but without obvious bitterness.
- Colour. Processed fruits do not lose their color if they are soaked in water. Quality product has a rich black color. If you soak it, it will become lighter. In addition, if the drying color is dark brown, then this indicates a bitter taste. It appears due to a violation of production technology.
- The whole fruit, in which there is a bone, considers it more useful.
That the delicacy brought maximum benefit it must be properly stored.
How to choose prunes:
How to cook at home
For homemade prunes not all plums are suitable. It is best to make the drying of the varieties: Hungarian, Renklod, Stanley, Burton, Kroman.
You may be interested in the following publications:
- Description varieties plum Hungarian and its subspecies.
- How to make prunes at home?
- Prunes and plums - what's the difference?
- Washed plum, sorted and removed the bones.
- Halves are blanched in water with soda added for about 30 seconds.
- After that, the drain is washed and cooled.
- Dried fruit in any available way: in an electric dryer or oven.
Drying plums in the oven It takes place in several stages, each of which lasts at least three hours. First, the plums are dried at a temperature of 55 degrees, then turned over to the other side and cooled.
Further, continue to dry at a temperature of 70 degrees. After that, the plum is cooled and dried at a temperature of 90 degrees.
To prunes turned out brilliant, at the end of drying, the temperature is increased to 120 degrees.
Homemade prunes from hard, sour, late plum:
How to store
If the use of prunes should be regular, it is better to stock up with high-quality fruit in advance. How to save drying so that it brings maximum benefit?
There are several proven methods:
- in glass containers;
- in pouches;
- in packs with clasp.
The leader of all the above methods is storing prunes in the glass. With proper preparation of the berries, shelf life can last up to 12 months:
- Fruits are well sorted and dried in the oven, cooled.
- Glass containers are sterilized and dried.
- The finished fruit tightly stacked in jars, covered with lids.
You can store such prunes in the basement. An important condition is a cold and dark place.You can store prunes in a glass jar, in a linen bag or a bag with a clasp.
If there is no need to store prunes for so long, then it can be placed in a fabric bag. The shelf life of the fruit is from 3 to 6 months:
- The fruits are sorted and dried.
- Tissue bags are kept in saline solution for about two hours, then dried.
- Fruits are laid out in sacks tightly.
When storing the berries are not moldy and do not lose their useful properties, but they attract rodents. Therefore, the storage space should be closed and dry.
If there are products with a specific smell, then prunes will absorb them. Keep drying away from other products..
The easiest way to store prunes is in plastic bags with a clasp. Shelf life of the workpiece about 1 month:
- Berries to sort and dry in the oven.
- Arrange drying in bags and fasten.
- Keep refrigerated.
To prune breathing packages do not button up to the end.Prunes must be stored separately from other products, as it absorbs odors.
Prunes - a panacea for many diseases. It helps to enjoy beauty, youth and feel healthy. After a detailed study of all the positive properties of prunes, doctors recommend it for daily use.
Fruit properties are preserved during processing. From drying, you can prepare desserts, compotes, decoctions, infusions, add it to hot dishes. It goes well with any kind of meat and mushrooms, giving them some sweetness.