Prunus belongs to those garden crops that are most often grown in order to independently evaluate its medicinal properties.
Since ancient times, people have used it to treat various diseases. In addition, the tree itself is not very whimsical and even a novice gardener will be able to grow it.
In this article we will consider the beneficial properties of black cherry, contraindications for use, and also talk about the use in traditional medicine
The composition of the berries of black cherry
The chemical composition of bird cherry is very diverse and rich. In addition, nutrients are contained not only in the fruits, but also in the leaves and even in the bark of this wonderful tree.
The composition of bird cherry includes the following substances:
- essential oils;
- malic and citric acid;
- fruit sugar;
- fruit pulp contains a lot of vitamin C, P;
- also in the berries are useful macro and micronutrientssuch as cobalt, manganese, copper, zinc, iron, magnesium;
- pectin, which is a lighter fiber analogue, should be noted separately;
- leaves contain a lot of essential oils, aldehydes and a record amount of vitamin C;
- In addition to the nutrients, the cherry tree contains alkaloids, which, in case of overdose, can be dangerous to the body.
Useful and healing properties
The beneficial properties of bird cherry are recognized even at the scientific level. The rich chemical composition and a large amount of vitamins explain all its healing properties.
- Tannins that are part of the berries, have a fixing effect on the intestines. In folk medicine, these fruits are very often used to prepare diarrhea remedies;
- Pectin is considered to be an analogue of fiber, due to which the bird cherry can improve the work of the intestines, the speed and fullness of absorption is normalized, thereby preventing the reproduction of putrefactive bacteria;
- Regular intake of drugs from the berries of bird cherry can strengthen the walls of blood vessels;
- Also, these fruits prevent cholesterol from being absorbed into the bloodstream and help eliminate harmful toxins;
- The rich composition of the fruits of bird cherry can have a beneficial effect on the immune system and strengthen the protective functions of the body;
- Properly prepared decoctions and tinctures of bark and leaves are an excellent diuretic and are used as adjuvants in treating the kidneys;
- Prunus can relieve external and internal inflammation. Different parts of the tree are used when skin lesions appear; in addition to their anti-inflammatory action, they contribute to the speedy regeneration of the damaged area;
- Bird cherry contributes to the secretion of sweat, and, accordingly, excess water begins to leave the body faster;
- Another wonderful property is the ability to remove heavy metal salts from the body;
- Also, bird cherry can get rid of toothache;
- A decoction of the bark of this tree has antipyretic properties and is very effective in combating high temperatures;
- Men should know that regular use of bird cherry berries helps to eliminate harmful deposits from the genitourinary system and improves blood circulation in the genitals, which can lead to increased potency;
- Bird cherry is used not only in medicine, but also in cosmetology. Decoctions help to get rid of various wounds and inflammations, an excellent rejuvenating effect is also noted after using a mask from this component;
- Regular intake of the cherry fruit juice strengthens the nervous system, making a person more stress-resistant.
Contraindications to the use of bird cherry
In addition to the huge number of useful properties, there are some contraindications, in the presence of which it is worth refusing to use the bird cherry.
- It is not recommended to use a bird cherry in the presence of an allergy to the components included in its composition;
- Because of the fixing effect, the bird cherry is contraindicated in people prone to constipation;
- It is forbidden to eat bird cherry during pregnancy and during breastfeeding, because poisonous substances can be dangerous for a child.;
- Also, such berries should not be consumed by small children under the age of 3 years;
- A fairly high amount of fruit sugar makes the bird cherry a forbidden berry for people with type 2 diabetes.
Per 100 grams of bird cherry accounted for:
Because of such a low calorie cherry is included in the list of products allowed for use during weight loss.
Use in traditional medicine
Due to the many beneficial properties of bird cherry it is very often found in recipes of traditional medicine. Various parts of this plant can help with diseases such as:
- ARVI and ARI;
- nephritis and other kidney diseases;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system, for example, hypertension;
- various intestinal infections, including the presence of diarrhea;
- the bird cherry is used as a general tonic, which is able to slow down aging, prevent the appearance of cancerous tumors and strengthen the immune system;
- also bird cherry is used for impotence.
Cherry broth is used as an adjunct in many diseases. As a raw material, you can use both berries and bark with leaves, the main thing is to fully comply with the recipe of cooking.
|Cough, cold, bronchitis and other upper respiratory infections||10 grams of fresh leaves poured 200 grams of boiling water and boiled over low heat for 10-15 minutes. Take this broth should be ½ cup 3 times a day.|
Instead of leaves, you can also use the bark of the bird cherry (the ingredients are taken in the same proportions), in which case the cooking time should be increased to 30 minutes. After readiness, the broth is decanted back into the glass and topped up with water to the original volume.
|Ulcer and gastritis||10 grams of cherry crust must be dried and crushed, the resulting dust is poured with a glass of water and boiled for 5 minutes, then infused for 50-60 minutes. The resulting broth drink 1 tablespoon 2 times a day.|
|Headache||3 times a day before a meal, you can take a decoction of bird cherry bark.|
|Diseases of the heart and cardiovascular system;|
|For 3 times take 1 cup of broth from the bird cherry.|
|Digestive disorders and diarrhea||10 grams of dried cherry fruit is poured with a glass of water and boiled for 10-15 minutes. Take 1 cup per day for 2 times.|
|Conjunctivitis||One tablespoon of dried flowers cherry insist in a glass of boiling water for 20 minutes, then used as a compress.|
|The following agent has a diuretic and diaphoretic effect.||5 grams of bark is boiled for 15 minutes using a glass of water, taken 1 teaspoon three times a day.|
|Immunity improvement||You can take a decoction of the leaves of the bird cherry in half a glass 4 times a day.|
|Boils, dermatitis and skin ulcers||20 grams of leaves and young twigs of bird cherry 30 minutes tormented in a glass of water. Used as compresses or lotions.|
|Angina and colds||1 teaspoon of berries of a bird cherry is filled in with 2 glasses of boiled water and insisted 8 hours. Infusion gargle 2-3 times a day.|
Tincture: fresh and dried fruit
Moderate use of bird cherry tincture can help cope with stress, tone up the body and strengthen the immune system.
From fresh berries:
- 400 grams of berries to wash and remove all the bones;
- Then they are poured with 100 grams of sugar and thoroughly mixed until the berries give juice;
- The mixture is poured with half a liter of vodka, tightly closed and cleaned in a warm and dark place for 20 days;
- After this time, the tincture is filtered and refrigerated for storage.
From dried berries:
- 10 tablespoons of berries are mixed with 8 tablespoons of sugar, then poured with a liter of moonshine and shaken;
- The finished mixture is removed in a dark place with room temperature for 2 weeks;
- Once ready, the infusion is filtered and bottled.
Application in cosmetology
In addition to traditional medicine, bird cherry is actively used in cosmetology, to combat various skin diseases.
|Acne||To get rid of acne will help the juice of berries of bird cherry, which need to wipe problem areas of the skin.|
|Dermatitis||In order to get rid of the disease, you can drink 60-70 milliliters of bird cherry brew decoction half an hour before meals.|
|Sunburn||A tablespoon of dried cherry flowers is poured with 100 milliliters of vodka and infused for 4 days, after which the skin is wiped with infusion.|
|Dry skin and wrinkles||1 tablespoon of flowers is soaked in a glass of boiling water for half an hour, then wipe the face with infusion.|
The composition of the bark, leaves and fruits of bird cherry includes a lot of useful substances and because of this the number of pluses clearly exceeds the number of minuses. But many experts consider this plant poisonoustherefore, you need to be very careful and fully comply with the dosage in the preparation of various means of bird cherry.